Home / How Use Openvpn For Windows
How Use Openvpn For Windows
Openvpn For Windows
- Visit the official download page for the Windows OpenVPN Installer, located here: https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html
- Choose the version that matches the operating system you’re using (whether 32-bit, or 64-bit, and whether for Windows XP, or for later releases)
- Choose to Save the file.
- Go the the Downloads link in your browser, and click the option to open the folder containing the download.
- Right-click on the installer, and choose Run as Administrator.
- You may receive a popup from the User Account Control on Windows; if so, choose Yes to proceed with the installation.
- When the Install completes, click Next
- Uncheck Show Readme and click Finish
- Download the OpenVPN Configuration Files here: http://freevpnproxy.org/free-vpn-list/
- Open the folder that the configuration file was downloaded to
- Highlight and copy all of the Downloaded files from the Website and paste them into the OpenVPN config folder C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config or C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenVPN\config
- When you Paste, it will ask you to confirm Administrator permission to copy the files.
- Right-Click the OpenVPN GUI icon on your desktop, and choose Run as administrator
- Right-click the OpenVPN icon in the System Tray to choose a region to connect to, or to disconnect from the VPN.